Loom Knitting: Pick up a dropped Knit Stitch






Hello my fellow crafters. I have, for the last few years, been getting into the yarn arts. Meaning I crochet, and knit. Let me clarify, I knit on a loom only! And have only completed one project on it. I am not ready for two or, even four needles. I'm not kidding I've seen it! Just not doing it.  So this post is great for those like myself, who have not gone that next step in the yarn arts. One step at a time. I got your back. Hope this helps you. Leave feedback, love to know what you think.


This isn't so much a post as it is a sharing. I was going over my YouTube subscriptions by way of looking up an old DYI site I used to frequent; , which by the way is totally awesome, yes, I just went all 80's and channeled my inner valley girl, and came across a quick video by which is quite helpful for those who knit loom. I myself have just started, so I am having all kind of issues from how to cast on, not making the rows too tight to allow for increases and such, to my biggest Achilles heel, binding off. I actually cheat, I use a crochet hook, and pull the working yarn through the yarn on the peg all the way around until all pegs are without yarn, then I  finish off by doing a slip stich, or single crochet, I still get those confused, and I'm done. That's how I got into the mess that I'm in now.


I am currently working on something, that just this past Sunday, I had to completely undo two stitches away from completion because there was a dropped stitch which caused another and another and another and, you get the picture, that I just couldn't fix. How I could have used this to help me make my deadline that my son has given me of October 31st. I am so far behind that I doubt I'm going to make it. I have included the video for those who struggle with the knit loom. The principal is the same weather you use the Knifty Knitter looms by Provo Craft, or the Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Loom, which is the one I use. (Please note: I have since finished the project and am just getting around to this blog post, and I didn't make my deadline. Sorry.)


 I came across the sister video: Pick up a dropped Knit Stich Sorry for the video being in the wrong place, I'm still learning how to get these shared videos into the blog, plus the computer that I'm currently using isn't allowing me to do what I want.  But between the two of these, you should be able to fix a relatively small dropped stitch issue. Until next time... Happy Loom knitting.

Comments

Popular Posts