Premier Yarn Dollar Tree Review

  Hi. Let's get caught up, life happened, then RONA๐Ÿ˜ท came through and has decided to vacay, putting folks on lock down, lifting, then, at the time of me writing this, back on lock down.  So I figured I'd get back to this blogging thing, while trying to get my crafty out there, to you, the crafty deprived. Well...I thought I would start out with a review!๐Ÿ˜€

I happened across this yarn at the Dollar Tree just before seeing Littlejohn's Yarn YouTube channel review on Dollar Tree finds. (Not trying to copy. Dollar Tree just happened to get the yarn just before I saw her channel review. So please forgive me Alysha)


I liked the look of the colors. They have kind of a rustic earthy quality to them, down to the bits of cream-colored particles and fibers of cotton in the yarn. Please don't try pulling these out, they are woven into the yarn itself.

๐Ÿ‘ˆ Cotton particles

There were only four colors available with Just Cotton; Brick, Blue, Cream, and Brown. I am not certain if the limitations on the colors is regional, or that is just what was sent to stores. (I am in the Los Angeles area) I did only go to two local Dollar Trees, and both had the same colors at the time, so don't quote me on the shortage of color options. Check your local DT. They may have other options available. 



 Brick#1023-23,was my color of choice.

The name: Premier Just Cotton, may be a bit misleading as this is a cotton blend, 85% Cotton 15% Polyester.  Manufactured in Turkey, shipped from Harrisburg N.C. It can be found periodically. This is my first time coming across yarn in the DT, so I was surprised and impressed.


I did see an acrylic looking yarn from Premier as well, with very nice colors as well, aptly called Just Yarn Chunky, but I really wanted to do something with the Just Cotton. I have waay too much acrylic yarn already that have yet to find a project to be dedicated to. I really didn't much of the "Chunky" on these skeins, but I did like the colors; Gray, Charcoal Gray (they label is as Middle Gray), White, and Red, which for some reason is called Fuchsia ๐Ÿ˜•. There was, at one point, a yellow too, but it was not available at the time these photos were taken. Sorry, I couldn't get a good close up on the white yarn's specs, which is why it is not included in the gallery close ups. These were soft, light, with a nice twist finish to them. As I said, I already have a ton...

Great colors and feel

Light Gray

Middle Gray

Fuchsia?? Really?? Really??๐Ÿ˜’

As I was still editing this post, I took another trip to the DT, non yarn related, and came across other colors that were not there previously. Still no yellow though. However,  even though they were both acrylics, two of the colors were worsted (medium) weight yarn, and the other labeled "Chunky". I really didn't get a chunky vibe with that one, though it was a touch thicker than the worsted, as you can see in the last pic with these three colors. 

The chunky also has a bigger twist than the worsted, both still very soft. Sorry for the quality of these photos, I really didn't have time to arrange the skeins nicely, and I didn't want to forget what I had actually came to the store to get ๐Ÿ˜‚. I'm sure this beauties will work up to some nice little project for the new crocheter to learn with.



Pastel Purple

Warm Green

Brown Mรฉlange

Close up of the Chunky (Left) and the Worsted (Right)



Now, I mainly like the color of cotton yarns,  and I have mainly used Sugar N' Cream, with maybe one exception, of which I can't recall the name of, sorry. As I said, I love their colors, but using them is difficult for me as I crochet tight, and I usually have to work hard using it. I must say, other than making sure I placed my hook where it should go, I didn't have that problem with the Premier Just Cotton.

๐Ÿ‘‡Splitting

 
☝๐Ÿ‘€
Take a look at the above pic. Do you see the end of the yarn as well as the middle and right, before the skein (the ball of yarn) starts? That's what I mean about splitting. I would not advise you to use this yarn with a wood hook unless you sand it down with a soft grade sandpaper or nail file before using it. The snagging will hold up your working time.

 

                                 And, FINALLY, the finished product!! What'd you think? Did it come out okay? I was really happy with the way the scarf turned out. As I said, a touch weighty, but I like it. It has enough give to be wrapped into a faux cowl, or  tucked into a jacket or coat. Not flashy, but gives style. I like, I definitely like.




๐Ÿ’–Kimberly
    P.S. I realize that in some areas of this post, the lettering is a bit different. I edited this post on about three different devises, and somehow they weren't speaking ๐Ÿ˜”. I did all I knew how to do, and still got the same result. Learning as I go. First post in a long while, got to get back into the swing. Until next time... XOXO


Check me out:    IG: @Creations_Bi_Kimberly
                            FB:  Creations Bi Kimberly
                            EM: creationsbikimberly@gmail.com
                    Mercari:   Kims Crochet & Things
                          

Comments

  1. Nice review! In NYC I hoard when I can on their yarns. Lol. I even hide them in the stores to return for future purchasing. Don't judge me! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Any comments will be first checked then approved by me before posting. This is a family friendly blog.

Popular Posts